Managing Drugs Library
Alley Data makes it easy to work with information regarding prescription and over the counter drugs. This means instead of having to look up drug information, it is available from within Alley Data.
First, log in to the web app and locate your name and avatar in the upper right hand portion of the page. Click on it and a pop-up menu will appear. Click on the “Settings” link to navigate to the settings page. You’ll find your drug library under the “Drugs Database” tab. Here you can create, edit, or delete drug information.
You have the option of either building your own drug library or importing a free data provided by the United States FDA. To import the FDA data, follow these steps:
- While on the “Drugs Database” page within Settings, click on the “Import Drugs” button.
- Download the data file from the link provided.
- Import the .zip file into your drug library.
To build your own drug library, or to add additional drug information to the library you imported, follow these steps:
- While on the “Drugs Database” page within Settings, click on the “Add Drug” button.
- A pop-up window will appear where you can enter information about a particular drug.
- Click “Save” to add the drug.